On a recent episode of ESPN's “Inside the NBA,” Kobe Bryant stated that he plans on playing into his forties in the upcoming season. That is just one reason why he will likely not be able to play the last few games of this year, or perhaps even the first few games next season. Here are some other reasons why he may be retiring.
– Kobe Bryant is coming to the end of his prime. He is now 30 years old, but he was always an extremely talented player and one of the best scorers in the league in the past.
– The Lakers do not have the money for him to play as hard as he wants to play. They are not going to trade him because they believe that they can offer him more money than the Bulls can, or at least they believe that he does not fit their system.
– As we all know, Kobe is coming off a devastating injury. He has already been limited to only nine minutes in each of the last two seasons, and he would not be able to participate fully in the way that he is accustomed to playing, because of the severity of the injury.
– He will be playing in a very young age where there are not many players that can still be considered stars of the league. This is very scary for a player like him, as he is not someone that will have many years to play at a high level and will likely only play into his late thirties.
– Shaquille O'Neal, who was traded to the Lakers a few years ago, now is a superstar. If Kobe were to come back, it could be too late for him, and it would be better for him to retire and not play into his forties anymore.
– The Lakers have already traded away many of the best players in the league, and while they tried to keep Kobe they may not have been able to keep the team together long enough to get him the help that he needs to be successful. Kobe has said that he feels that he is still a star in this league and should not be traded, so that is why he will most likely not return to Los Angeles.
– The Lakers have one of the best coaches in the league in Phil Jackson and are loaded with veterans, which means that Kobe is going to have to take over a lot of the coaching responsibilities, which will make it very difficult for him to succeed at the end of his career.
– The other important reason that Kobe may be retiring is that he is afraid that the Lakers may be getting traded for nothing, which would mean that they are losing the franchise and that his name will become tarnished when he leaves. He has said that he . . . . . . is ready to be traded, but he does not want to be traded for nothing.
Gallery of Seven Mind-Blowing Reasons Why Kobe Bryant Shaq Is Using This Technique For Exposure | Kobe Bryant Shaq
Tags: #kobe bryant shaq #kobe bryant shaq championships #kobe bryant shaq interview #kobe bryant shaq karl malone #kobe bryant shaq no i in team #kobe bryant shaq speech #kobe bryant shaquille #kobe bryant shaquille o'neal #kobe bryant shaquille o'neal beef #kobe bryant shaquille o'neal relationship